SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 09:43:12 -0600
Tony Williams comments:
" I agree the spirit of the group has changed but I don't think it has anything
to do with Jeremy's vacation. As moderator he is doing a very difficult job.
I really think the change is due to this particular vacation period when
the type of mailer "doing a term paper on some tedious film topic" is away
on vacation. Over the last month, there has been a wealth of stimulating and
informative information contributed by many members concerning the "slow-
motion" topic as well as the very welcome advice offered by Janet Staiger from
her research into copyright issues.
  Let's hope this spirit continues into the next two academic semesters."

Yes, it is the end of summer and the students with term papers and the like are
off doing whatever it is they are doing (watching films, I hope!).

Because there are so often such requests, as well as various postings about
conferences and other kinds of information, it might be easy to lose sight
of the spirited discussions that often do take place during the academic year.

The major result of Jeremy's break, I think, is the occasional appearance
of clearly irrelvant material, like the money-making schemes that have
surfaced here from time to time.

I'm an inveterate list-maker, so I don't mind those requests for info.
But I love the discussions and hope that they will always continue, with
the general level of civility that this list usually gives them!

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)