SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Sarah Projansky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 16:33:31 -0800
While I agree that a conversational tone is always refreshing, I would like
to suggest that we not discourage research questions on this list. While
some questions SCREEN-L gets asked are easily answered through reference
books or WWW searches, I have often appreciated references provided by
collegues on this list in response to various people's questions. I'd also
suggest it's not always students who ask the questions that could be
answered elsewhere . . .

>To Tony Williams and other members of the group--
>
>I was afraid my comment on the conversational tone change of our group
>would be perceived as some sort of slight towards our esteemed on-line
>editor. As I said previously, I don't envy him the job that he does, and
>feel he is needed. I simply wondered aloud how we could keep this group
>from being a research service for undergrads (and some grads) who sign on
>to get a couple of facts and then unsubscribe when their term paper is
>done.
>
>----
>To signoff SCREEN-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
>in the message. Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]

Sarah Projansky
Assistant Professor
Women's Studies
University of California, Davis