SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Peggi Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 22:41:50 -0400
Aug. 11/96 Carol Goodson wrote:

> ***this may sound harsh, but one way would be to avoid answering
> posts for which the answers could easily be found in a decent >academic
 library.

Actually it sounds more than harsh.  If everyone had acess to a
"decent academic library" it probably wouldn't be, but many don't have
access to a decent library. I've seen and experienced faculity members
asking for research materials to present in their courses where I
live.  Some universities have sold part of the library resources
reducing their libraries to a tenth of what it had been.  The city I'm
living in is a captial city but again unfortunately not all countries
have readily available resources.  Hopefully those who complain about
questions will never have to ask anyone a question about anything -
including being in a foreign country and wanting to know how the
system works.  Remember this list is International.

Now if you excuse me I'm going back to enjoy the discussion on slow
motion.

Peggi Weaver