SCREEN-L Archives

July 1996, Week 4

From:
"Kirk W. Laughlin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 17:06:11 GMT
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>jarrett inquires:
>"I'm attempting to write a screenplay about an alternate present. I'm
>looking for books about the topic for ideas,

The novel "Fatherland" by Robert Harris (I think that's his name).
It's kind of like "Gorky Park" but it is set in a 1960s in which
Germany won and controls most of Western Europe.

If you're in a more frivolous mood, the novel "Lightning" by Dean R.
Koontz hypothesizes that the Nazis invented time travel in the 1940s
and tried to use it to win the war. It's mostly an adventure/sci-fi
novel, but there are a few glimpses of alternate realities.

Kirk W. Laughlin
Grants Coordinator
Pacific Science Center
Seattle, WA