SCREEN-L Archives

July 1996, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:29:52 EDT
My impression is the same as Denis Simard's about documentary interviews.
HOUSING PROBLEMS was unique; I can think of no documentary interview
before the journalistic tv interview.  Part of this comes from the
technical difficulties of recording live sound before the introduction
of light weight cameras and tape recording.  Both innovations date from
about the 'fifties.

Cal Pryluck, Radio-Television-Film, Temple University, Philadelphia
<[log in to unmask]>  <[log in to unmask]>

      SCREENsite -- A Film/TV-studies site on the World Wide Web
      URL:http://www.sa.ua.edu/SCREENsite/