SCREEN-L Archives

July 1996, Week 3

From:
Rachel Gabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:33:43 -0400
One film that impressed me with its almost total lack of dialogue  (or
just words) is Kaurismaki's "The Match Factory Girl" (that may not be
the exact title but it's close). This is the most extreme case among his
films, but in general he tends to use few words and let the visual carry
the story.

Rachel Gabara
Program in Comparative Literature
University of Michigan