SCREEN-L Archives

May 1996, Week 4

From:
Laughing H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 03:30:48 -0400
I am working on a project and was wondering if any of you could direct me
towards any movies in which the main character or characters are
misanthropes. Meaning that they have a hate for mankind and they are more
happy with hate and pain than kindness and love. I think that the
character of Randall in CLERKS works, he hates his job and all the
customers, and the character in TAXI DRIVER may work, but I don't know
enough about the story to determine that.
Also I am interested in instances in movies where the main characters
don't fit in to the mainstream and wouldn't have it any other way, ie.
HEATHERS, PUMP UP THE VOLUME.

If you can think of any movies that fit these instances please write to me
on the list or e-mail me independently

Thanks

Matthew Burdorff
Charlotte, North Carolina