SCREEN-L Archives

May 1996, Week 4

From:
Mark Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 1996 22:53:51 -0800
after Mark Allen blabbed about Depp, mike wrote this:

>but i'm still puzzled . . . i can see how these factors might be of interest
>to those who want to invest in films or otherwise consider them as "product"
>but that discourse has not, so far as i can tell, ever really played a role
>on SCREEN-L

What I'm trying to get at is this:

SCREEN-L is read by people who study films.  Inately then this group ought
to be interested in the people who decide what films are going to be made
because this directly affects what films are AVAILABLE for study.  If Depp
is making interesting films and his presence allows a film to be made then
Depp is someone whose choices should be noted.

As my friend Peter Sellars has said (many times):  "More important than the
answers is who is framing the questions."

Sincerely,

Mark Allen
Xantherboy

****XANTHER