SCREEN-L Archives

May 1996, Week 4

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 12:04:00 -0600
jswift mentions:
"I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I remember
enjoying a scene early in the film "Red" when Irene Jacob places a
transatlantic phone call. The camera takes the point ot view of the telephone
signal and travels at great speed through the undersea cables to the receiving
telephone,"

That reminds me of a similar visual trope in the short-lived Fox series
VR5, where we had subjective visions of Laurie Singer's consciousness rushing
through phone lines to meld with the phonee's subconscious. (Don't ask!)

BTW, are there still prints of that roller coaster ride in THIS IS CINERAMA
around?

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)