SCREEN-L Archives

May 1996, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 13:15:17 CDT
> Date:    Wed, 1 May 1996 11:50:15 -0600
> From:    Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Another option that I'm surprised hasn't surfaced yet is simply to have an
> on-line salon!  One can have a discussion group by invitation only (I belong
> to one such group) that avoids some of the potential problems that Emily
> cites.  It sure cuts down on the costs of refreshements!
>
> But, of course, it does suppose that all your group members are on-line.
>
> Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)

Every once in awhile I think about doing an online, real-time chat
thing on film/TV studies.  A few years back I tentatively organized
something like that using Postmodern Culture's MOO.  Didn't work out
so well.

Maybe enough folks are jacked in now and it might work.  This time
around, I'd probably try to do it with an IRC channel or something
like that.

If you're interested in such a concept, drop me a note.

Jeremy Butler
SCREENsite:  http://www.sa.ua.edu/tcf/welcome.htm
Telecommunication and Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa