SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 3

From:
Josh Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 22:44:04 -0400
Hi,

I'm a junior in highschool who already has a good start in working in indy
film and national tv.  I'm currently looking for a good undergrad film
program.   (i'm interested in production and therefore want a school with up
to date facilities, like Avid etc..., and also a knowledgable and friendly
faculty and a program that can prepare me to go out and have the skill needed
to get a job afterwards).  I'm also a good student and value the opportunity
to attend an actual university, as oppose to a trade school, so i can get a
full liberal arts education. (being in an honors program is important to me)
  I know that alot of you out there are professors at such universities and
was wondering if you had any advice or reccomendations of schools.     I've
already looked at UCLA, USC, Loyola Merrymont (briefly), and Florida S U.   I
was really impressed with how the film program was set up at FSU and USC.
 Next week i'm taking a look at Northwestern.   (right now    i'm not sure
exactly what aspect of production i am most interested in,  but plan to make
that desicion in college)

If you could provide any insight into, in your opinion, what these and other
schools have to offer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for giving your time,
Josh
RRdrifter @aol.com