SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
"Randy A. Riddle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 18:24:24 +0000
Rick Prelinger's archives is probably the largest "warehouse" of
these films. He has produced two fascinating laserdisks and a CD-ROM
on these films for Voyager, looking at them from the perspective of
social history.

Prelinger also put together a "festival" of these films awhile back
and I have seen his program notes for it floating around the Net.
You might also want to check out the RE/Search volume on "Incredibly
Strange Films" that has some articles on some of the different genres
of industrial and educational movies.

Randy

> The lowliest genre in all of filmdom--the industrial film. Does anyone know
> of any interesting theoretical, critical, and/or descriptive work on these
> neglected kinds of films?

Randy A. Riddle, Winston-Salem, NC
[log in to unmask] -- http://www.infi.net/~rriddle