SCREEN-L Archives

March 1996, Week 4

From:
Philippe Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:19:36 -0500
     You may be aware of SCREEN-L's sister service on the World Wide
Web, SCREENsite. But did you know that it also includes a Resume
Service? This service allows those who are actively looking for a
teaching position in the field of film studies to make their career
intentions known to film studies academics (hopefully those who do
the hiring!), by having their resumes posted on the Web. If you
haven't visited SCREENsite yet, point your browser (Mosaic,
Netscape...) to:

http://www.sa.ua.edu/TCF/welcome.htm

     Specifically, the general employment page can be found at:

http://www.sa.ua.edu/TCF/teach/employ/index.htm

     It contains a link to the Resume Service page, which in turn
includes a link to a tutorial explaining how to prepare your resume
for SCREENsite, and Jeremy Butler's own resume is provided as an
example. If you are already familiar with the WWW hypertext language,
just send your properly formatted resume to:

     I will then check the format, and promptly add your file to
the others at SCREENsite. Even If you're not familiar with the
hypertext format and don't have access to the Web, you can still
send me your resume via email as plain text, and I'll post it.
However, I would encourage you to learn the rudiments of hypertext
(HTML), because it's simple, and will make your resume look better.

     This service is offered specifically to job seekers in
academia (university and college-level), i.e. those looking
for teaching positions in film/TV/video studies and production.

     If you need more information, you can email Jeremy Butler at:

[log in to unmask] or: [log in to unmask]

or myself (your humble resume service supervisor) at:

     Philippe Mather