SCREEN-L Archives

January 1996, Week 5

From:
Peter Mitham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:41:42 -0400
Hello,

        I am compiling an annotated bibliography of the work of Robert W.
Service, author of "The Cremation of Sam McGee," "The Shooting of Dan
McGrew," and "The Trail of '98."  I am trying to locate a number of film
adaptations of his work, and am wondering if someone could please direct me
to the proper source/archive/library.  None of the directories I consulted
specify where I can find a copy of these films.

        The films include:

1) Song of the Wage-Slave (Popular Plays and Players/Metro, 1915)
2) Shooting of Dan McGrew (Popular Plays and Players/Metro, 1915)
3) Shooting of Dan McGrew (S-L Productions/Metro, 1924)
4) Shooting of Dan McGoo (Tex Avery, animated short, 1945)
5) Shooting of Dan McGrew (Ed Graham, animated short, 1966)
6) Poisoned Paradise (c. 1924)
7) Roughneck (c. 1924)
8) Pretender (c. 1928)
9) Trail of Ninety-Eight (c. 1928)

I am sure there are others, and if anyone could help me locate these items
such that I can ensure my work is comprehensive, I do appreciate it!  Thank
you for your help!

I can be reached either via e-mail: [log in to unmask]

or fax, (506) 485-1985, or by regular post:
Peter Mitham
RR #1, Hampton, New Brunswick, E0G 1Z0