SCREEN-L Archives

January 1996, Week 3

Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 01:03:26 -0500
Here is a problem that I hope the members of this list can help me with.
I am involved in developing an MFA program at my university.  The areas
will be directing and scriptwriting.  I would like to know any experiences
those on the list might have had or are having in MFA programs at their
universities or alma maters.  Particularly, I want to know: 1) did the MA
degree suffer loss of faculty and or students? 2) was there much, if any,
resistance to implimenting the program among those in the MA programs? 3)
how did implementing the MFA degree impact the program as a whole? 4) did
the department offer an MA in the same track as the MFA? 5) for those who
have gone or are going through an MFA degree, what was the program like at
your school, that is, what tracks or emphases were there and how would you
change the way the MFA was handled?
Answers, opinions, and comments on any or all of these questions would be
greatly appreciated.
--Dennis Bounds
(you can send responses directly to me at [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] -- Thanks -- DB)