SCREEN-L Archives

January 1996, Week 2

From:
Joe Abbott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 17:56:33 CST6CDT
I saw *12 Monkeys* last week and found it entertaining enough.  I
didn't know going in that it had been "inspired" (I think was the
term) by Chris Marker's *La Jetee*.  Oddly enough (for me at least) I
much preferred the French film.  It has an experimental edge to it
that 12 Monkeys doesn't.  There's certainly a publishable paper in
comparing the two.  I must say, however, that Brad Pitt is astounding
in this film.  How he is able to sustain the level of high energy
insanity that he does is truly amazing.  I think its his best film
yet.  I wonder if anyone out there would second that?