SCREEN-L Archives

December 1995, Week 1

From:
Bjorn Aas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 00:06:22 +0100
At 18:41 28.11.95 -0600, Jeremy Butler wrote:

>Bjorn, there are now several listings of film/TV/video programs on the Web.
>One place to start is SCREENsite:

Yes, and I have found various very good lists with e-mail and Web-adresses
to nearly 2.500 schools and universities offering media worldwide.

And I know it's almost an impossible task to index these lists on courses
and specialities, because I'm working on that for the few media-educations
in Norway (and will give you the link when finished). But still that is what
my students want to know; which school teaches which subject with most
resources and with best results?

We will never reach an unanimous decision on that, but subjectively we can
recommend our own (hopefully), or other courses we know of. Maybe another
possible list on SCREENsite?

For the moment I'm still looking for more places specializing in teaching
and training people who want to produce music videos. Any more ideas?

Bjorn Aas, TV-lecturer, Danvik Folkehogskole, N-3046 Drammen, Norway
             (Danvik School of Media and Communication)
Tel: ..47 3283 1290  Fax: ..47 3289 1245 E-mail [log in to unmask]