SCREEN-L Archives

December 1995, Week 1

From:
Martin F Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 16:39:56 -0500
Hello, everyone.  I'm very pleased to announce that my library reference
book, JOHN BARRYMORE: A BIO-BIBLIOGRAPHY, has just been published by
Greenwood Press.  Barrymore was perhaps the most influential and idolized
actor of his time, and my book thoroughly documents his work in more than
60 films, 40 stage productions, and 100 radio programs.  Its annotated
bibliography consists of over 1,200 items, and it also includes a
discography, a section on plays and movies that feature characters
modeled after him, and discussions of more than 40 repositories of rare
Barrymore materials.  It contains a considerable amount of information on
Barrymore's life and career that has never before been published in book
form.  I am particularly proud of the fact that I was able to accomplish
so much on a budget that can charitably be labeled "minimal."

If you would like more information about this book, please feel free to
e-mail me privately or follow the "TitleNet" link at Greenwood's web site:
                http://www.greenwood.com

Best wishes,
Marty Norden

  OO       Martin F. Norden
  [_]<|    Dept. of Communication                 [log in to unmask]
  /|\      University of Massachusetts/Amherst    fax: 413 545-6399
           Amherst, MA  01003     USA             tel: 413 545-0598, 545-1311