SCREEN-L Archives

November 1995, Week 1

From:
A burdeos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 13:10:00 PST
HOPE THIS REACHES YOU, CAROL

-------------------------Text-of-forwarded-mail--------------------------------

Date:    Fri,  3 Nov 95 13:03 PST
To:      CASBAH.ACNS.NWU.EDU
From:    A burdeos                            <EKAOAMB>
Subject: DREAM LOVER

Interesting you should ask this as my brothers struggled to watch this last
night on cable and my parents four nights prior to!
i had seen dream lover in its initial theatrical run and found myself as
irritated with it on saturday night@my folks as i had in the theatre!
what ending do you refer to? is it his killing her in the asylum or the
final end scene where his first wife merges with his second as they
danced about the floor?
i was not aware of the ending(s) having been done before but i knew that
dream lover was one of many endless film noirs that hollywood has made over
the last 14 years. what's the saying, often done, never duplicated
i think-this applies to dream lover as.the best in this genre was and is
body heat-the reson d etre was clear, the sexual chemistry was terrific
and the tale was told in a highly believable manner something that in all
its convolution, dream lover was not
hope this helps somewhat
annice