SCREEN-L Archives

October 1995, Week 4

From:
"Randy A. Riddle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 19:04:28 +0000
I'll direct you to my Home Page (http://www.infi.net/~rriddle) for a
documentary I'm just finishing up that will be available for
rental/sale November 1st.

The feature-length work looks at Greensboro, NC's Tarheel Leather
Club, and is the first to look at the topic of Leather/SM/Fetish
organizations.

I've already gotten bookings for the documentary from professors who
want to use it in Human Sexuality and Sociology courses, but it might
be useful in a general course on documentary film and video to
discuss how the availability of low-cost broadcast quality equipment
is changing video documentary.  I modeled the "TLC" video after many
of the classic docs that were shot in the late 60's, using the
cheaper 16mm cameras and film stock that were available at the time.
The 80 minute work is being edited on a Macintosh Quadra using
Adobe's Premiere (and my editor thinks that my documentary and another 90
minute work he just completed a few weeks ago are the first two
"feature-length" videos edited and output totally in the digital
domain using Premiere.)

RAND

> I've been teaching a documentary film course at northwestern University for
> more then five years and have screeened dozens...from Nanook to Silver Lake
> Life and many in between.
> Does anyone have any suggestions of exciting doc. films that are on laser
> disks or video?
> Also where they might be available for rental. NU's Media Center has
> thousands but I'm sure the archivist has missed some.
> Any, and all, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, in advance.
> Rolf Brandis
>
> ----
> To signoff SCREEN-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
> in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

--Randy A. Riddle -- [log in to unmask] --
--http://www.infi.net/~rriddle -- Aspiring Documentary Filmmaker,
--sometimes writer for "The Front Page", and general all around squeaky wheel.
--Cool Cat Daddy Productions  --Winston-Salem, NC, -- (910) 777-0675