SCREEN-L Archives

October 1995, Week 4

From:
"D. ALLEN SIMPSON" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 20:15:17 PST
        One of my former film instructors did this very theme for one
quarter.  One of the better and lesser known films we watched was
Charles Burnetts' "Killer of Sheep."  We also saw "Grand Canyon,"
"Colors," "Zoot Suit" and "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."  Other films
that were viewed in part or used by students for papers included
"Mildred Pierce," "They Live" "Echo Park" "Double Indemnity"
"Omega Man" "The Two Jakes" and "Less Than Zero."  The list could be a
very long one, since so many films from the beginning of Hollywood
have featured L.A. as a background or foreground (or a gore ground,
in the case of some films I recall).
        Doug S.