SCREEN-L Archives

October 1995, Week 4

From:
Roderick Donahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 03:42:36 -0400
Michael Roemer's DYING is the best doccumentary I have seen. He came to NYU
to show it it, was made in 1971, about three people with terminal illness and
their families. This film ( in George Stoney's Doccumentary Traditions class)
created more discussion than any other film we saw (more than 30) Michael
Roemer teaches at Yale I'm sure you could call there to find out where to get
a copy.
Some others I reccomend are:

David Grubin/AMERICAN DREAM AT GROTON
Don Pennebaker THE CHAIR, or ELIZABETH AND MARY
Jill Janows /ANNA AKHMATOVA: Fear of the Muse
Frederick Wiseman/HIGH SCHOOL
William Greaves/IDA B WELLS
Terry Zwygoff/CRUMB
BROTHER'S KEEPER
THE WONDERFUL HORRIBLE LIFE OF LENI REIFENSTAHL

Roderick Donahue