SCREEN-L Archives

October 1995, Week 1

From:
"Tonelli, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 14:36:00 EDT
A request from a friend.  Reponses can be e-mailed to
directly to [log in to unmask]

Thanks.

Melissa Tonelli

Well, if Screen-L can help me I'd be very happy.
he film is called RIVERS OF FIRE & ICE (possibly
aka AFRICAN SAFARI) made in either 1963 or 1968
and directed and produced by one Ronald E. Shanin.
I'm not sure of the film studio, but it was something
like Crown Pictures or something similar. It may not
even be available on video. It's a movie I saw when I
was at junior school and deals with an expedition to
the jungles and volcanic areas of the eastern regions
of the present Zaire (then the Belgian Congo or simply
Congo) and western Uganda. It's a movie which has
stuck in my mind and a copy if which I'd love to get.
Thanks in anticipation.