SCREEN-L Archives

October 1995, Week 1

From:
Steve Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 21:03:50 +0100
I wonder if anyone could help with the following problem?

I work as an independent Cameraman/VT Editor producing mainly news and
documentary items for British Television. Twelve months ago, I also started
producing corporate videos etc. To this end, I invested in a three machine
Betacam edit suite.

The problem is that I am having to contract out all of my graphics and
titleing work to third parties. Consequently, I am looking for a system
that will let me produce this in house.  As these graphics would be for the
corporate side of my business they would not necessarily have to be of
broadcast spec, but they would however, have to be of a high standard.
Therefore I would like to hear from anyone who has experience in using
computer based packages, that may meet my needs.  Also, I would appreciate
advice as to what hardware platform I should be using ie, Apple, PC, Amiga
etc.

Thanks
Steve Kelly

STEVE KELLY