SCREEN-L Archives

September 1995, Week 4

From:
Mantey Peter A <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 1995 10:26:55 -0500
Hello to all-

I've just joined the list and am happy to be a part of it. I'm
currently doing some graduate work (hopefully leading to a
Ph.D) in film history and would appreciate your help.

My area of research at the moment is the history of synchronized
sound for film (*not* necessarily "sound-on-film") in the period
roughly between 1890 and 1930. I'm trying to assemble a good
bibliography for the study of this subject.

If any list member has suggestions for textbooks, articles, essays,
theses, published or unpublished research, etc. that deals with this
topic, I'd appreciate a posted reponse.

Thanks,

-Pete

   Peter Mantey, Manager email: [log in to unmask]
   Video/Audio Production Services phone: (804) 221-2393
   College of William and Mary
   Williamsburg, VA 23185