SCREEN-L Archives

September 1995, Week 2

Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 19:45:32 -0400
You tell me why Fox canceled it's 1991 series entitled the Ben Stiller show.
It was twice as funny as anything S.N.L. or Living Color could ever put out.
All the critics would have agreed with me.  Time named it as one of its top
ten shows for that year.  Of course no one watched it.  If a show has average
ratings what do you do.  DO you put it on at 10:30 at night to increase its
ratings.  I mean c'mon.  There wasn't a sadder event in my life when this was
canceled.  The final closing of Cheers didn't even come this close.  Praise
Halleighua Amen Jesus that Com. Central is putting the reruns back on.  There
will never be another Ben Stiller show or anything like it.
Michael J. Kulhowvick
mjk7