SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 3

From:
William Stinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 17:52:25 +1000
Yesterday the the Australian Broadcasting Corporation launched it's home
page so I decided to list for everyone the ABC site and a few other
sites I have found useful for media related research in Australia.

I have also listed a few addresses of Australian producers/distributors of
titles screened on television in Australia.

(I have also sent the same message to [log in to unmask], so
apologies for any cross duplication.)

1. Australian Broadcasting Corporation
        http://www.abc.net.au

Includes radio and a little television material so far. ABC programs
which they do sell have the rights to sell are available from:

Australian Broadcasting Corporation
TV Program Sales
GPO Box 9994
Sydney
NSW 2001
Australia
ph 61 2 99503174 (TV Program Sales)

See homepage for details of ABC radio sales.

2. Special Broadcasting Service
        http://acslink.netau/~tomw/sbs.html

Material produced by them (as well as some old ABC titles) is marketed by:

Marcom Projects Pty Ltd
PO Box 4215
Loganholme DC
Qld 4129
Australia
ph 61 7 8015600
fax 61 7 8015622

3. Australian Television Guide - Information
        http://www.sofcom.com.au/TV/TVInfo.html

or

Australian Television Guide
        http://.sofcom.com.au/TV/index.html

4. This is Australia...Information on Australia
        http://www.telstra.com.au/meta/australia.html

For someone wishing to browse through a wide range of
academic/government/commercial home page entry points this is a good place
to start.

5. Australian Government home page
        http://gov.info.au/aghp.html#contents

6. Australian Film Institute
        http://www.vicnet.net.au/Vicnet/afi/afiho.htm

7. Central Australian Aboriginal Media Association (CAAMA)
   PO Box 2924
   Alice Springs
   NT 0871
   Australia
   ph 61 89 555126
   fax 61 89 523744

Produce and supply a range of videos on Aboriginal culture which is
screened on the Aboriginal television service in Central Australia. Some
titles have also been screened on SBS.

8. Film Australia
   National Sales
   PO Box 46
   Lindfield
   NSW 2070
   Australia
   ph 61 2 4138777
   fax 61 2 4169401

Like the Australian Film Institute, supply a wide range of Australian
titles which have often been screened on the AC or SBS at some time.

9. Ronin Films
   PO Box 1005
   Civic Square
   Canberra
   ACT
   Australia
   ph 61 6 2480851
   fax 61 6 2491640

Supply documentaries and feature films often screen on ABC or SBS.

10. Film World Pty Ltd
    Level 1
    2 Whiting Road
    Artarmon
    NSW 2064
    Australia
    ph 61 2 4381888
    fax 61 2 4398541

Grant permission (and collect payment) for the dubbing of old Movietone and
Cinesound newsreel footage dating from approx 1930 to 1970. The footage is
actually held by the Australian Film and Sound Archive in Canberra.

These suggestions are in addition to Cinemedia site at Griffith
University, Australian media monitoring agencies (a possibility for some,
if you are in Australia I suppose), commercial television networks who
supply some material and other filmmakers listed in video sources in
Australia.

Bill Stinson
Media Services Department
Library