SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 3

From:
Gene Stavis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 10:21:14 -0700
----------------------------- Begin Original Text
-----------------------------

About fifteen years ago our public television showed a
class in film from either North or South Carolina. It was a series. The only
movies I remember are Beauty and the Beast and Renior's
week-end-in-the-country movie (can't remember the title).

The Renoir film is probably "The Rules of the Game". If the station showed
the complete films, they were obtained from Janus Films (now distributed by
Films Inc.) If you are speaking of a documentary featuring clips from the
films, you are probably referring to a series called "The Art of the Film"
which Janus owner Saul Turell put together. I believe they are also
distrbuted by Films, Inc.

Gene Stavis, School of Visual Arts - NYC