SCREEN-L  July 1995, Week 5

SCREEN-L July 1995, Week 5

Indy Filmmakers Resource: Festivals Festivals Festivals!

Sat, 29 Jul 1995 08:55:18 -0700

I was just notified of a most excellent resource for independent
filmmakers.  I don't have the name in front of me, but it's Delta
9 Something-or-Other.

You'll find it at:

http://www.eden.com/~delta-9/

Here's a sample of its film festival listings (the Web page contains
direct links to e-mail addresses and the like, where possible)...

>                    Aarhus Film and Video Festival
>                               September
>                            DEADLINE July
>                         Aarhus Filmvaerksted
>                          Carl Blochsgade 28
>                           DK-8000 Aarhus C
>                                Denmark
>    Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Annual Student Film
>                                Awards
>                          8949 Wilshire Blvd.
>                        Beverly Hills, CA 90211
>                          Tel:(310)247-3000
>                           Fax:(310)859-9619
>              Algarve International Amateur Film Festival
>                                August
>                            DEADLINE July
>     Festival Internacional de Cinema nao-Profissional do Algarve
>                    Estrada de Moscavide 41-4 Dto
>                         1800 Lisbon, Portugal
>                  Antwerp International Film Festival
>                                 March
>                          DEADLINE February
>                  Antwerp International Film Festival
>                        Antwerpsefilm Stichting
>                            Theatercentrum
>                            Theaterplein 1
>                         2000 Antwerp, Belgium
>                          Aspen Film Festival
>                     September 27-October 1, 1995
>                             Wendy Staten
>                        110E Hallam, Suite 102
>                            Aspen, CO 81611
>                          Tel:(970)925-6882
>                           Fax:(970)925-1967
>                        Atlantic Film Festival
>                         September 22-30, 1995
>                        Atlantic Film Festival
>                     5211 Blowers Street, Suite 24
>                       Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J
>                                Canada
>                                  OR
>                            Robin Johnston
>                   1541 Barrington street, suite 326
>                               Halifax
>                        Nova Sotia B3J, Canada
>                           Tel:(902)422-3456
>                           Fax:(902)422-4006
>                 Auckland International Film Festival
>                                 July
>                             DEADLINE May
>                 Auckland International Film Festival
>                             P.O. Box 9544
>                            Courtenay Place
>                        Wellington, New Zealand
>                               Baltimore
>                                 March
>                           c/o Museum of Art
>                          Baltimore, MD 21218
>                          Bath Film Festival
>                      Beach Blanket Film Festival
>                                Canada
>                           July 21-23, 1995
>                   Tel: (604)490-0669/(800)455-7273
>                        Big Show Film Festival
>                               Late May
>                            Cinema Village
>                          22 East 12th Street
>                                 NY,NY
>      Bilbao International Festival of Documentary and Short Film
>                               November
>                          DEADLINE September
>                Festival of Documentary and Short Film
>                    Colon de Larreategui 37-4 Dcha
>                          48009 Bilbao, Spain
>  Bombay International Film Festival for Documentary and Short Films
>                                March
> [...]

SCREENsite:  http://www.sa.ua.edu/TCF/welcome.htm
Telecommunication & Film Dept., University of Alabama