SCREEN-L Archives

July 1995, Week 4

From:
Sage Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 23:24:02 -0400
Hello everyone,
        Having just subscribed tonight, I hope I'm not duplicating a
previous discussion.  I'm working on my Master's thesis (at the University
of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) on Nabokov's LOLITA from the printed
novel through Nabokov's own screenplay to Kubrick's film version.  I'd
love to include information on the new production if I could.
        What methods should I use in trying to research a film in
production?  It's filming 2 hours from me, in Wilmington, starting August
14th.  I sent mail to the production company today, asking for anything
they could send me.  I'm also working on getting a hold of a friend who
works in film production in Wilmington.  What kind of information would
this turn up?
        Of course, my ultimate dream is to obtain a copy of the
screenplay, although I assume this is near to impossible.
        Since filming starts in August, when would that place release of
the new film?  I'm getting a pretty early start on my paper, which will
be finished in April of '96, so I have lots of time to pester the
filmmakers.
        Any advice, insight, previous experience you all have had would
be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, and hello!
Sage
--