SCREEN-L Archives

July 1995, Week 4

From:
BILL TUSCHALL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 17:42:25 EDT
On July 20, Tim Jones wrote:

I watched "Last Tango In Paris" last night and it made me
think of otherfilms I have seen recently, "Oublie-Moi",
"Bitter Moon" and "Monsieur Hire",that deal with similar
themes of sexual obsession set in Paris.  Can anyonethink of
any other titles that use these two elements ? I'm
probablyforgetting some obvious ones.Thanks.Timothy Jones

Check out "Savage Nights". This movie defines sexual
obsession/love addiction. Seems Paris and sexual obsession
are a natural marriage, as there are quite a few films that
qualify. Can't think of any others that haven't been
mentioned already, but when I do, I'll post them...

Bill Tuschall