SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 3

From:
Tim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 16:19:58 -0400
I wish people would pay more respect to "An American Family" and considerable
less to "The Real World".

This MTV program that has 24 hours access to its characters somehow still,
and I'm utterly baffled by this, chooses to make the static talking head or
torso its main thrust of exposition.

I can not believe the lack of narrative invention in this artless program.

-Timothy Jones