SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 3

From:
John Aber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 10:05:06 -0400
Robert Aldrich did a film back in 1968 called THE KILLING OF
SISTER GEORGE. It deals with the way TV soap operas are made,
and it also deals with an intense emotional relationship between
two women, one much older than the other. I haven't seen it since
it was first released. But I recall that it had quite an impact on
me at the time. It certainly qualifies as both an interesting film
about television and an intersting look at a friendship between
women.

John Aber
College of Mount St. Joseph