SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 3

From:
"Fiona C. Quick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 1995 13:41:47 -0500
>I want to have undergrad students read BROADCASTING & CABLE weekly as a
>companion to critical text books in a class I am teaching.
>
>Has anyone done a group or class subscription to this trade journal before?
> Can I get a group rate or discount somehow?
>
>Dan Streible
>Univ of Wisconsin Oshkosh

As a journalism student, I know that professors have tried to obtain
discounted subscriptions before, and have been unable to do so. My
suggestion would be to talk to your local agencies (esp media buying) and
see if they would be willing to part with one of their copies after they
have finished with it and place it on reserve for your students. When I
used to work at a media buying agency, I know even they did not want to
spend the inordinate subscription price for individual magazines and instead
only purchased one copy to be routed to all buyers. Sorry for the bad news.

Fiona C. Quick
School of Journalism and Mass Communication
University of Minnesota
"To What If"
         - A Walk In The Clouds