SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 2

From:
"Tonelli, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 23:56:00 EDT
Steve Fore asked:

>films produced for the TV Families project. Does anyone know if this
>package is in distribution for the non-theatrical market?)

From what I understand, programs produced for ITVS may be distributed
for non-theatrical engagements-- just no broadcast other than public
television for three years (and it's already been two, at least). Since
program producers retain the rights, each program is distributed
separately either by the producers themselves or their contracted
distributors.

I'd just like to plug another program from this series, Jon Moritsugu's
"Terminal U.S.A." Some may find it sick (I myself groaned out loud
watching its first, never-to-be-broadcast incarnation at the 1993
Independent Feature Film Market) despite the fact that I was sitting
directly behind Moritsugu, but it turned the stereotype of the Asian
American as a "model minority" right on its head. Cheers, Jon,
wherever you be.

Melissa (Cahill) Tonelli