SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 2

From:
Patrick Schuckmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 14:03:45 +0200
I am a student of film and tv studies at the university of amsterdam and
writing my final thesis on the "real-life soap opera" THE REAL WORLD,
broadcast by
MTV. My analysis will focus on the relation between constructed images and
authentic selves and examine how the series constructs notions of
authenticity and identity. I am also interested in viewers' responses to
the series (especially on the San Francisco episodes). I would be
grateful for any advice on texts already published on the series,
academic or others.I would also like to
communicate with people interested in the subject.

Thanks for your help,

Patrick