SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 2

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 08:31:36 -0600
Ruben Garcia-Loureda asks:
"I would like to raise the following question. Does anybody know any movies
related to problems "inside" the family? Let's say divorce, inability to
understand children's problems by their parents or how families approach
issues like drugs, sex in the early adolescence, violence in the family  . . . ?
I know it is kind of broad, but I am preparing a paper about pedagogy  and
family matters in film and I need some help. Movies like "Ordinary people"
by Robert Redford could be a good  starting point . . ."

This *is* a very broad topic!  Do you want specifically American films?  recent
films (of the last two decades or so)?  Other?  Some narrowing is in order, or
you'll get everything from Mickey Rooney's "Andy Hardy" films to "MY LIFE AS
A DOG".

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)