SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 3

From:
Ruby Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 1995 20:44:41 CDT
Hi!,
My name is Ruby Moss, I am a research assistant at the University of
Technology, Sydney, Australia. I am currently working on a project which
is looking into the effects of new communication technologies on film
making practices in Australia. This has involved talking with key
personnell within industry about organisational and costing structures in
order to anticipate how these will change. We have started by looking at a
new technological apllication called the digital courier system, which
allows you to send rushes in near real time to other locations in the world
along ISDN Lines. With the increasingly lower costs of ISDN these kinds of
technologies will be available to personnel within industry...
I would like to hear from any one interested in the project (who might want
more information). I am also looking for any information about similar
research - or similar technologies - issues etc. An international focus is
important for my work. Any way - signing off (my email address is
**Ruby Moss