SCREEN-L  May 1995, Week 1

SCREEN-L May 1995, Week 1

WWW OMNIBUS:EYE Site -The future of media production and stu

Wed, 3 May 1995 08:49:10 CST

Forwarded by Jeremy Butler.

Poster:       Christopher Young <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      WWW OMNIBUS:EYE Site -The future of media production and study on
              the internet!
********************FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**********************

Contact: C. Webb Young at <[log in to unmask]>
ANNOUNCING THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH OF THE "OMNIBUS:EYE" WORLD WIDE WEB SITE:
THE FUTURE OF MEDIA PRODUCTION AND STUDY ON THE INTERNET!

                <http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu>

After several months of development, the Northwestern University Department
of Radio/TV/Film is proud to announce the official launch of the
OMNIBUS:EYE WWW Site at <http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu>.  Every page on the site
has been upgraded and enhanced to facilitate the new Netscape1.1 as well as
browsers with limited image handling abilities.

The OMNIBUS:EYE Project is our vision of the future for the production and
study of digital media upon the world-wide network including the creation
and anthologizing of "transpixins"(digital movies viewed over the
internet). We have modeled our site upon our own diverse department which
is involved with all aspects of media creation and study. The OMNIBUS:EYE
site is dedicated to providing a source of and connection to all types of
WWW media-related resources.

-------------------------------
FEATURES of the OMNIBUS:EYE Site:
-------------------------------

The !PIXIN(*)COMPENDIUM! <http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/Omnibus/CompendiumTOC.html>
A project to anthologize and promote the art of transpixins.
Volume 2:SPRING 1995 contains some of the best digital-movie work (which
we've dubbed "transpixins") on the WWW in both MPEG and Quicktime formats.
The !PIXIN(*)COMPENDIUM! is seeking submissions from anyone on the internet
who is creating transpixins which are complete, creative works. Check out
the site for more information.

The Journal of New Media Authoring in the Digital Domain
Volume 2:SPRING 1995 of |T|E|L|E|C|I|N|E| contains some of the best
critical and creative media-related work on the WWW. The journal is seeking
submissions from people who are pushing the boundaries of media authoring,
particularly HTML, for the SUMMER edition. Check out the Table of Contents
for more information.

MEDIA HYPERLINKS: <http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/links/links.html>
One of the largest collection of media-related WWW sites: currently with
over 600 listings.  Newly restructured, this index is constantly growing to
provide coherent and easy access to hundreds of on-line resources from Film
Production, to Movie Databases to Non-profit organizations.  If its not
here - its probably not on the Web.  If you're not listed her - let us
know!

THE CHICAGO MOVING IMAGE SCENE
<http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/Omnibus/Chicagoindex.html>
This is a place for Chicagoland media-makers and media consumers to come
together on-line for information.  The site includes listings of production
companies, internships, Chicago movie-theater guides and variety of helpful
resources like Chicago weather, important phone numbers and where to rent
editing equipment at artists rates.  If you are a Chicago area
film/video/multimedia producer or service provider - we'd like to add you
to our listings.

THE PRODUCTION PAGE <http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/production/Prodindex.html>
The Production Page contains a listing of the resources on the OMNIBUS:EYE
site of interest to people who work in film, video, computer animation and
multimedia. You'll also find the IMAGE VAULT: a complete listing of all of
the Northwestern student and faculty production work available for viewing
over the World Wide Web.

THE STUDIES PAGE <http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/studies/Studiesindex.html>
This page contains an index to all of the work on the site done by the
faculty and students in the Radio/TV/Film department. Featured are media
analysis, criticism, theoretical work and a variety of new forms of
scholarly authoring. Also available are tools for the media academic which
explain emerging new forms of media research and scholarly publishing on
the internet.

INFORMATION ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF RADIO/TV/FILM
<http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/info/Info.html>
Look here for information and links concerning the Radio/TV/Film Department
and Northwestern University. Learn about our facilities, find out about our
classes and programs, check out the student production companies, connect
to the R/TV/F discussion group and find out our address and phone number.
If you are looking for something connected to this department, you'll
probably find it here.

AND MUCH MORE...
-----------------------
The OMNIBUS:EYE site is an on-going project to serve the WWW needs of the
Department of Radio/TV/Film as well as pursue the future of media
production and study on the internet.  If you haven't been here recently
please check us out again - and then check back a few months from now.
Reload our pages into you cache to benefit from the constant updating of
html and graphics.

Please link us to your site (PREFORMATTED LINKS APPEAR AT THE END OF THIS
RELEASE) - links are gladly reciprocated.  Pass the word along about what
we are doing here and let us know what you think.  We welcome feedback and
comments and will be happy to answer any questions about the OMNIBUS:EYE
Site or the Department of Radio/TV/Film.

Northwestern University is a private university located in Evanston,
Illinois - just north of the city of Chicago.

CONTACT WEBMASTER: C. Webb Young    <[log in to unmask]>

*******************FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*******************
PREFORMATTED HTML LINKS FOLLOW (Just Copy and Paste)

(OMNIBUS:EYE Site)
the Northwestern University <B>Department of Radio/TV/Film</B><BR>
<TT>The future of media production and study on the internet!</TT><P>

(!PIXIN(*)COMPENDIUM!)
<LI> The <a
href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/Omnibus/CompendiumTOC.html"><B>!PIXIN(*)COMPEN
DIUM!</B></a> A project to anthologize and encourage the art of <a
href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/Omnibus/transpixin.html><B>"TRANSPIXINS"</b></
a> (digital movies viewed over the internet)<BR>
<TT>Submissions welcome!</TT><P>

(|T|E|L|E|C|I|N|E|)
<LI> <a
href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/Omnibus/TelecineTOC.html"><b>|T|E|L|E|C|I|N|E|
:</b></a> The Journal of New Media Authoring in the Digital Domain.<BR>
<TT>Submissions welcome!</tt><P>

(MEDIA HYPERLINKS)
<LI> The <a href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/links/links.html"><B>MEDIA
HYPERLINKS</b></a> page is one of the WWW's largest indexes of
media-related internet sites.<BR>
<TT>Maintained at the Northwestern University <B>Department of
Radio/TV/Film</B> <a href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu">OMNIBUS:EYE</a>
site.</tt><P>

(CHICAGO MOVING IMAGE SCENE)
<LI> The <a
href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/Omnibus/Chicagoindex.html"><b>Chicago Moving
Image Scene</b></a>: a place for Chicagoland media-makers and consumers to
come together on-line.<BR>
<TT>This site has a variety of information of interest to Chicago area
film/video/multimedia producers and service providers.</tt><P>

(PRODUCTION WORK BY STUDENTS AND FACULTY)
<LI> <a href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/production/Prodindex.html">Faculty,
graduate and undergraduate production work</a> on-line at the Northwestern
University <B>Department of Radio/TV/Film</b> <a
href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu">OMNIBUS:EYE</a> site. <BR>
<TT>View a variety of Film, Video and Computer work over the WWW.</TT><P>

(MEDIA STUDIES WORK AND RESOURCES BY STUDENTS AND FACULTY)
<LI> <a href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/studies/Studiesindex.html">Faculty
and student media-studies work on-line</a> at the Northwestern University
<B>Department of Radio/TV/Film</b> <a
href="http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu">OMNIBUS:EYE</a> site.<BR>
<TT>Find out about what people are studying, researching and critiquing.
Also available are tools for media academics which explain the new
possibilities for research and scholarly publication on the
internet.</tt><P>

     _   _
    / \ / \            -- Taberneezee!
    \_/_\_/
   D|      |/|         C. Webb Young([log in to unmask])
    |______|\|         MFA Candidate
      /|\              Dept. of Radio/TV/Film-Northwestern U.
     / | \
*** Check out the R/TV/F OMNIBUS:EYE --> <http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu>***
**** "The future of media production and study on the internet!"*****