SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 12:20:08 CDT
Hello, I am interested in multimedia-themed entertainment - "Intencity" and
Disney's "Virtual World" for example - and the construction of audiences and
the technology's implication on the breakdown of the narrative `paradigm' in
virtual reality cinema entertainment.  Anything on the topic would be
helpful, the technology itself, how interactive/innovative or limited it
might be, its success in the US, its conception of 'family audiences' and
'electronic bonding' and 'adventures', `hyper-reality' etc, etc.
Specifically I hope to write a masters level research project on the entry
by Australia's Village Nine Leisure into the market as they build these
theme parks in Australia and the Asia-Pacific in the next year. I would be
happy to hear from you.  You can email me directly [log in to unmask] or
through screen-L.  Thanking you in advance....
Rea Turner
School of Media and Journalism
Queensland University of Technology
AUSTRALIA   tel:(07) 864-1225