SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 2

From:
"ROBINA EXT. 2278" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 16:42:34 CDT
I checked with my friend who is with the Legal Division of the Writers
Guild of America. . . she informs me that getting an agent does not help
one to gain membership into the Guild. Instead, you must work for a
"signatory company".  There is a point system, governed by the type of
of writing you do for the company.  My understanding is that one has
to accumulate a certain number of points before WGA membership can be
obtained.  But -- the best thing would be to get information directly
from the Guild about their membership requirements.  Their west coast
office and phone number are as follows:

                Writers Guild of America - West
                8955 Beverly Boulevard
                Los Angeles, California  90048

                Phone:  (415) 550-1000

Good luck!

Robina Royer
University of San Francisco School of Law