SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
"Leroy, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 15:02:23 CST

Funny thing is, Tarantino has more classical structure to his screenplays
than most writers.  He just disguises his plot points by switching the
chronology of the story.  In fact, the real plot of PF, the story of Jules
redemption, is very linear and follows those plot points exactly.  The same
sort of thing goes for Reservoir Dogs, where we think it's about figuring
out who the cop is, but it's really about the cop's predicament..  My point:
 the best structure these days is that which seems to be without structure.

Marc Leroy