SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 14:55:57 CST
I know that this is a little late to be completely relevant, but I feel like
I have to defend Turner a little (and not only 'cause he signs my paycheck).
 While I realize that its distribution is almost nonexistent right now,
Turner Classic Movies delivers on a lot of the promise of movies-on-cable.
 From broad-based monthlong festivals (like this month's salute to Oscar) to
more esoteric themes (this summer's festival devoted to J. Basinger's "A
Woman's View," e.g.), TCM's trying to be the best classic movie service
around.  I only wish that everyone here could see it ...
Phil @ TNT [[log in to unmask]]
PS -- if you've got any questions about TCM's programming, you might want to
drop a line to [log in to unmask]