SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 14:54:31 CST
A correction to my call for information about "Xuxa" programs interna-
tionally: the English-language version currently playing on the Family
Channel was taped in Los Angeles, not New York.

To my knowledge, only 65 of the 1/2 hour episodes were ever produced,
enough for 13 weeks (one season --through Jan. 1994) on CBS (syndicated
and sold to ca. 125 stations), but the show was then cancelled. MTM,
the producer, then programmed them on the Family Channel (the "parent"
of MTM) beginning in Fall 1994.

It seems to me that not only the episodes running last fall, but also those
now playing daily are still the original ones taped. I expect that
once these have had a second re-run this year, the program will be cancelled
for awhile or new episodes made. Has anyone heard any news or rumors of
the program's expected fate? Specifically, has anyone heard of any plans
for taping a new season's worth??

Thanks again.

Ramona Curry