SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
Allyn Hardyck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 1995 09:50:03 CST

Antonioni made a short film of sights in Italy (mostly in Sicily, I
seem to remember - Mt. Etna, a festival in Palermo) for, I believe, the
Italian pavilion at Seville in '92, which was shown as part of the
touring retrospective of his films a few years ago.  He came to
Berkeley to receive the Berkeley Citation at that time (the biggest
thing at Berkeley since it doesn't give out degrees).  As he can no
longer speak clearly, his wife interpreted.

He seemed to appreciate the Berkeley audience - I heard that at a later
screening he came by himself in a sports car just to hang with the
audience outside of any ceremony.

Allyn Hardyck