SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Ulf Dalquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 14:35:07 CST
OK, this is what I mean:
I'm NOT against the discussion of american cinema , american cultural politics
or american things in general. US. film is the most widespread, etc etc.
I'm AGAINST the mindless postings like 'Did you watch Donahue last night'.
Needless to say, we DIDN'T! Please remember that a lot of the subscribers of
SCREEN-L doesn't have the same cultural heritage as you, watch the same news and
so on. If you discuss issues of specific US interest, please make an effort to
explain the background to the non-american participants. I must admit I've found
several 'ethnocentric' quite interesting - especially the posts by Mr Jarvik.
He's a funny guy.

Ulf