SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 1995 15:13:58 CST
I don't know that Pulp Fiction is very deep. but I know that Tarantino has
obviously created something that is indelible, which is special today in U.S.
cinema.  It is the movie industry equivalent of Nirvana's Nevermind CD, the
first punk movie to hit #1, except for maybe A Clockwork Orange.  It only
took two decades.  When Forrest Newt is sweeping on Oscar night, I'll bet
there'll be a lot of folks surprising themselves by rooting for Tarantino.