SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 1

From:
Ulf Dalquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 1995 08:26:48 CST
I must admit I've necer seen a film dubbed in Italian. The original post got me
a bit startled, though, since my experience with Italian dubbing (that is,
dubbing the film in english for international release) isn't what you'd call
positive. What I'm referring to is of course the mass-produced Italian horror,
which quite often is shot in english, but dubbed since the Italians
pronounciation stink. I might be wrong, but I think ther'es even something
called 'Italian cutting' (or something similar). This should be the custom of
showing the listening part instead of the speaking , when to people engage in a
discussion. That way you don't have to lipsynch.

Cheers,

Ulf