SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 15:44:40 CST
I'm looking for the first version of "The Earthling." I wrote the original
screenplay in 1979. A.I.P. produced it -- soon to be taken over by Filmways.

The Earthling, with Wm. Holden and Ricki Schroder, was shot in Australia. One
would know if it was the original version if a) the Music was composed by
Bruce Smeaton, an Australian, and b) if John Strong was *not* listed as
Producer.

Why do I seek this first version?  Aside from the fact that the music is
better, the Australian actors are *not* dubbed with flat gringo voices, and
the editing was better...I'm simply nostalgic. I regret not securing a
version of the original. Perhaps I shall find a copy in Australia someday.
For they surely don't have our version over there.

Ah, me.

Anyone?

Lanny Cotler