SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 2

Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 1995 15:34:47 CST
     Hi Jason,
     I'm just completing a doctoral thesis on SF film, and there are
three articles I can think of, offhand, that might help you in your
research:

Michael Stern _Making Culture into Nature; or, Who Put the "Special"
into "Special Effects"?_ in _Science-Fiction Studies_ #22, vol.7 part 3,
November 1980.

Albert J. La Valley _Traditions of Trickery: The Role of Special Effects
in the Science-Fiction Film_ in _Shadows of the Magic Lamp_, ed. George
E. Slusser & Eric S. Rabkin, 1985: Southern Illinois UP.

Steve Neale _"You've Got To Be Fucking Kidding!" Knowledge, Belief and
Judgement in Science Fiction_ in _Alien Zone_, ed. Annette Kuhn, 1990:
Verso.

     Hope this helps. Regards,
                                Phil.
.